Menu:

Latest news:

July 10, 2006
New Stuff!
♥Latest photo feature from photoblog
♥New Blogroll
♥Collapsed archive list to a menu

June 4, 2006
Launched new Photoblog!

April 12, 2006
"Read More" links introduced!

March 16, 2006
Added Google Ads. Support this blog, click an ad!

December 14, 2005
New design!

Previous Posts:

♠ PSO new promos!
♠ Addictive little flash games
♠ My New Computer
♠ Darth Vader Reads Your Mind
♠ MSPaint 1337 skillz
♠ Star Wars Episode III
♠ Collective Soul
♠ Poker Source Online
♠ Household innovations
♠ Research

Latest Photo:

Random Links:

♥ My Blogger Profile
♥ Site Atom feed
♥ My Del.icio.us Links

Poker Links:

♦ Poker Source Online
♦ Free Stuff From PSO
♦ Instant Bankroll

Web Comics

♣ Bob the Angry Flower
♣ Ctrl+Alt+Del
♣ Dilbert
♣ FoxTrot
♣ Penny Arcade
♣ PvPonline
♣ Questionable Content
♣ Sinfest
♣ VG Cats

Blogroll

♠ Casino Ownage
♠ Madeleine
♠ Mike J.
♠ owhite
♠ Paul
♠ Ry-Jazz Digest

Powered by Blogger

Version: 1.3
(July 10, 2006)

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Priority Golf Tournament

Saturday was Priority Printing's 9th annual texas scramble golf tournament (Priority is the company my dad works for). Since my mom was not able to play (taking my sister to harp gigs), I took her spot in the tournament.

For those unfamiliar with the format, texas scramble tournaments are run in a style that is meant to make the game fun and exciting even for players who do not play regularly. Each player tees off like normal, but then the team decides to pick one of the balls as the one they like the best and everyone moves their ball that way and hits from there. A slight strategic twist happens when the tournament requires that each team takes three initial drives from each player. The format allows players who are not skilled at golf or who are inconsistent like me to have a competitive chance to win. Plus, its a lot more fun to be able to make par on a hole or even the occasional birdie because a player on your term makes a fortunate shot or two :)

Our team consisted of my dad and I along with two others that I had just met that day - Guy and Joane. My dad and I aren't all the great, but Guy is a really good golfer which would definitely work to our advantage. The weather was looking like it might rain on us, but we started up anyways and had a lot of fun. There really was only one amazingly good shot I made ... on one of the front nine holes, I made a full 9-iron stroke that not only landed on the green, but it was less than 6 inches from the hole. Amazing! We birdied that hole! Other than that, I was pretty rusty (since the last time I had golfed was last year sometime) so I struggled with my drives all day and was lucky to get my 3rd good drive on the 18th hole.

We finished with even par as our score which we were really happy with. Not only that, it was good enough to win the tournament! That was pretty cool. As a prize, I got a book on Wayne Gretzky that was signed by Al Hamilton (a former Edmonton Oiler who's number 3 was retired in the last couple years).

It was a pretty cool day that's for sure!

Heraldk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home