Menu:

Latest news:

July 10, 2006
New Stuff!
♥Latest photo feature from photoblog
♥New Blogroll
♥Collapsed archive list to a menu

June 4, 2006
Launched new Photoblog!

April 12, 2006
"Read More" links introduced!

March 16, 2006
Added Google Ads. Support this blog, click an ad!

December 14, 2005
New design!

Previous Posts:

♠ Escher-like paintings
♠ PSO Poker Rewards Freeroll + Oilers Win!
♠ Improvements Keep Coming
♠ A couple of Amazing Photos
♠ Why so busy?
♠ First Oilers Playoff Game
♠ A relaxing, unproductive weekend
♠ Playoffs!
♠ New Camera
♠ Housekeeping

Latest Photo:

Random Links:

♥ My Blogger Profile
♥ Site Atom feed
♥ My Del.icio.us Links

Poker Links:

♦ Poker Source Online
♦ Free Stuff From PSO
♦ Instant Bankroll

Web Comics

♣ Bob the Angry Flower
♣ Ctrl+Alt+Del
♣ Dilbert
♣ FoxTrot
♣ Penny Arcade
♣ PvPonline
♣ Questionable Content
♣ Sinfest
♣ VG Cats

Blogroll

♠ Casino Ownage
♠ Madeleine
♠ Mike J.
♠ owhite
♠ Paul
♠ Ry-Jazz Digest

Powered by Blogger

Version: 1.3
(July 10, 2006)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Surreal-ity

I was talking to one of my friends this week and we both agreed that the last week or two have been pretty surreal. For me, doubly so!

The Edmonton Oilers are just one win away from making the Stanely cup final for the first time since 1990. That's a really long time ... long enough that I can barely remember sitting up "late" with my dad watching the games. At that point, I really didn't know what it meant since I was only seven years old. The last time I really was cheering for a team in the stanley cup final was 1993 when the Montreal Canadiens (for some reason, it is my favourite eastern conference team) won the cup. So a good 13 years later, and Edmonton is on the verge of getting back there!

The other reason I'm getting this surreal feeling is I leave for Italy at 2:00pm tonight! I'm there for about a week for a computers and games conference. Our hex program will be competing in the olympiad, so we're really excited about that. At this point, I don't think it has quite hit home yet that I'll be in a country a half a world away from home. Its only for a week ... but I haven't been that far from home before. At the same time, its really exciting to go see a new place for awhile - and I can't wait to see what I can take pictures of with my new camera!!!!

Heraldk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home