Menu:

Latest news:

July 10, 2006
New Stuff!
♥Latest photo feature from photoblog
♥New Blogroll
♥Collapsed archive list to a menu

June 4, 2006
Launched new Photoblog!

April 12, 2006
"Read More" links introduced!

March 16, 2006
Added Google Ads. Support this blog, click an ad!

December 14, 2005
New design!

Previous Posts:

♠ On Sweetness
♠ Adsense, Performancing, and Experimentation
♠ Poker Room
♠ Big trades for the Oilers
♠ Why do people Blog?
♠ PSO hits 25,000 members!
♠ Poker League
♠ Team Canada
♠ Paper weekend
♠ Devon Winter Challenge Camp

Latest Photo:

Random Links:

♥ My Blogger Profile
♥ Site Atom feed
♥ My Del.icio.us Links

Poker Links:

♦ Poker Source Online
♦ Free Stuff From PSO
♦ Instant Bankroll

Web Comics

♣ Bob the Angry Flower
♣ Ctrl+Alt+Del
♣ Dilbert
♣ FoxTrot
♣ Penny Arcade
♣ PvPonline
♣ Questionable Content
♣ Sinfest
♣ VG Cats

Blogroll

♠ Casino Ownage
♠ Madeleine
♠ Mike J.
♠ owhite
♠ Paul
♠ Ry-Jazz Digest

Powered by Blogger

Version: 1.3
(July 10, 2006)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Calm winterness

There's something strangely calming about walking outside after its snowed. Edmonton got a huge dump of snow this weekend ... making this March the most snowy March EVER. When you walk outside for a bit, there's this hint of quiet beauty in the air. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but the crisp cool air with the clean snow just seems to bring me a feeling of peace.

I'm in a weird mood again tonight. I'm not sure what it is, but I kinda feel like the world is rapidly changing around me and there's nothing I can do about it. Have you ever had the feeling where you're drifting away from the world? That's how I feel now, I think.

A lot of the friends I've known in past years have drifted away so much that I either don't even know where they are anymore ... or I do, but I just don't talk to them much. If it weren't for the odd msn collision, I would probably never hear from them again. It feels weird ... like pieces of me are being torn apart. And yet, I can't seem to get off my ass to change things. I should be able to, shouldn't I? I mean, all I should be able to do is make a little concerted effort to have coffee with my friends of old.

Maybe it comes down to energy? At the end of the workday, I find that I don't have enough energy to do much more than sit down, play some video games and go to bed. I would love to get off my behind to go do a project, or learn to play the guitar, or something. If anything, maintaining old friendships seems to be harder than any of these tasks ... and if I can't do these projects, how can I do something harder?

And yet, it bothers me. What can I do about it? I don't know. It tears me up inside though.

Heraldk

4 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone is totally going to read this at your wedding one day. ^_^

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Herald said…

    Wow, Rhianne? Apparently I have way more blog readers than I knew :)

    Whyever would someone want to read a moody blog posting at my wedding? :P

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Personally, I'm hoping someone tells about morgan's swimming expedition whilst being fully clothed with camping gear.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait... I heard something about JR and morgan a long time ago. Does that count for anything? :p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home